You might remember THIS POST where I used pages from an old hymnal which I decoupaged onto an unused melamine plate -- turning it into something completely new. I still had LOTS of pages left in the hymnal. Don't you know it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this paper-chain idea on Pinterest?
So, I played around a little bit, and here's what I ended up doing...
1. Cut the hymnal pages into strips a little bit more than 1" wide.
2. Scalloped edges on both long-sides of the strips using decorative scissors.
3. Adhered the strips end to end with Therm O Web Mounting Squares.
4. Since my scallop-scissors were a smaller scallop, I didn't think it would look good to punch a hole at every scallop. My paper is way too fragile, and I thought placing the holes that close together and along the edge might lead to tearing. So, I just experimented with my own pattern of holes, and ended up with an all-over pattern...
...resembling dotted swiss.
What Pinterest Project have you experimented with? Link up!
Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!