Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Procrastinating and Thanksgiving

Q: Why do today
what you can put off until tomorrow?

I have a good answer where it concerns photos on your computer...

A:  Because, your computer might CRASH today, and you won't have the chance tomorrow to save a year's worth of pictures.

Yes, you heard me right -- about a year's worth.  Since starting my blog just over a year ago, I've enjoyed having all my photos SO CLOSE at hand so that I can grab a photo easily for a post.  I've gotten lazy about saving them to a CD - which is my usual practice.  Thankfully, my hubby was able to recover my photos, and I didn't have to learn the hard way.  But let me tell you - I was saying my prayers and holding my breath.

I'm so thankful for my sweet hubby who knows about all-things-computer.  He's been working on getting me back in business for 5 days now.  Here I sit this morning at my own computer with all of my photos restored... and thankful.


Have you ever wondered at what God must think when we bring these trivial bits of thankfulness to him?  Does he care?  I believe he does.  Afterall, Matthew 10:30 tells us that:

"... even the very hairs of your head are all numbered."

Now that's trivial, and indicates that God cares about the smallest detail of our lives!

Not to mention the fact that when we bring these daily tidbits to the Lord - the daily stuff - it helps us (in my humble opinion) to feel appreciative and blessed rather than entitled.

What small detail of your daily life are you thankful for today?  There is nothing too small that God does not care about it.  Express it to him.  In this season of thankfulness, don't procrastinate in showing your appreciation for all that God has given to you -- big or small.


Speaking of procrastinating...
maybe it's time to buy that turkey.
[cue the "wah, wah, waaaaah" music...]
[Once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator!]


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...