Thursday, November 3, 2011

Project Pinterest: Pumpkin Roll

Today I am participating in Katie Lloyd's very first Project Pinterest.  I am also VERY excited to have my first guest post.  Today's guest is none other than My (13yo) Girl, and baker of all things good: Shelby.  I've asked her to share a little bit about her experience in whipping up a Pumpkin Roll from a Pinterest linked recipe.

Take it away Shelb!
_______________


So, hi!
My mom is letting ME write a blog-post about my baking experience with a pumpkin roll. Here goes! Let me start from the beginning.... OK -- I'm homeschooled, so I'm here with my mom all day. One day Mom told me about this website called Pinterest. On Pinterest, you can "pin" your favorite things in a visual scrapbook. I found this interesting. I was checking out Pinterest when I saw this yummy pumpkin roll recipe --which is what this whole post is about! It was then and there that I decided "Hey, I will make that soon!!" So I did, and honestly it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. You make the CAKE batter, put it on a cookie sheet, let it bake, then roll it up in a towel and make the "frosting" (cream cheese mixture) that goes inside. Then you unroll the cake, spread the frosting on it, roll it back up again (but this time tighter and without the towel), and chill it until you are ready to serve it! So that's basically my Pumpkin Roll Experience -- not too difficult!

Check out the complete recipe by clicking on the link
that my mom has noted near the bottom of this post.

Have a nice day!! Adiós Amigos!


Thanks Shelby!
I think it's safe to say that our first pumpkin roll experience was a success.  We've kind of been up to our ears in baking and "trying things" lately, but my girl really, really, really, REALLY wanted to try this, so... I encouraged Shelby that we could make it and freeze it for the holidays, or we could take it to church on Wednesday evening, and share it with the ladies I work with.  She chose the latter.


Suffice it to say that we came home with one (yes, only one) piece of Pumpkin Roll left. Many of the ladies that volunteer for our Wednesday night girls' program enjoyed a piece, as did one of our church maintenance workers, and two of our city's finest police officers -- who were working security for us.  Of course, Shelby was thrilled that so many people enjoyed her goodies.



Have you pinned on Pinterest?
Have you followed through and made something that you've pinned
-- a recipe, or craft -- or have you tried a great tip?
If so, write about it,
and link up over at Katie Lloyd Photography.
We can't wait to hear what you've been up to!

THE LINK to the original pin on my "Sweet Stuff" Pinterest Board
THE LINK to the original "Stilettos and Diapers" blog-post from which it came





Here are the rules from Katie:

1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm also linking up with Edie @ Life{In}Grace for the Christmas Cheer Party.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Shelby; this looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This recipes sure looks like a keeper! I've always been intimidated by "rolls" like this, but I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty "roll"! And I bet it smells fabulous!! I might have to make this soon...pumpkin and cream cheese definitely scream Fall food! You did a great job Shelby!! And thank you Sally for doing such an awesome job advertising this link up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good on both counts! The blogging and the baking :)
    Our local Mennonites make that pumpkin roll and I buy it sometimes....soooo good!
    I made pizza muffins from Pinterest but they weren't the best.
    I LOVE my pinned recipes though and plan to try them alllll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin anything is just too good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...