Thursday, November 10, 2011

No White Rabbit Here!

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!
No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!"
~The White Rabbit

I am NOT a practical joker, but every morning, I play a trick on my son.

He has a tendency to hang out in his room until the last possible moment, and then race downstairs thinking that there's no time to eat, and he's late for the bus.

But, alas.  I  set his alarm clock about five minutes fast.  That way, by the time he gets downstairs in the morning, he has at least five minutes to eat something simple -- which is all he's up for in the morning anyways.

[This is a little trick I learned from my grandma.  As a kid, it always amazed me that five minutes could make such a big difference between the bedroom and the kitchen at my grandparents house.  Lesson learned, and transferred into my own home.]

On another note:
When the USPS sends you an e-mail, DELETE IT.  It is a virus.

True story.  I was waiting for something to be delivered.  Coincidentally, I received an e-mail from the USPS saying that they had tried to deliver a package, and that I needed to come pick it up.  "Just print out this label," it said.  I tried and tried again.  Finally my computer seized up, and went into a "loop" where it was trying to restart, but never really got anywhere.  Can you say "crash" and "virus?"

I DID go to the P.O. to ask about my package.  They knew nothing, and confirmed that they WOULD NOT send an e-mail (even though I'm sure they have my e-mail on record from stop-deliveries I've done on-line).  The clerk also nodded her head in understanding when I said, "So that e-mail probably had a virus, and that's why my computer crashed..."  Yup. Sucker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...