Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Body of Christ

Perhaps when you think about "the Body of Christ" you think about communion.


I think about these verses from Romans, too:

"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.  We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.  If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith.  If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

THIS is the way I saw the Body of Christ exhibited during the past week [in fact, the past few weeks]! People offered to make, and brought food to our son's graduation party.  People offered up extra crock-pots, and serving dishes.  Many offered up tables and chairs.  The list goes on, including [but not limited to] the use of a volleyball net and volleyball from two separate families!  The party was truly a group effort.

The result?  I could sit back and enjoy the celebration, and the time with friends and family.


We are so appreciative to friends and family who shared their gifts of "serving," "encouraging," and "contributing to the needs of others."  They helped us meet needs that we had, as well as going above and beyond our need.

At the end of the day a friend said, "You must be exhausted."
I could honestly say, "No, not at all!"

Of course, that's not to say that I didn't hit the snooze bar more than a few times the next morning!


I summed it up Saturday evening on Facebook:

"I'm so thankful for my team of "life cheerleaders." You know who you are. Thanks for coming alongside me and helping me do life better. I love you all! #WhatAGreatDay

2 comments:

  1. To be a member of The Body is the sweetest of all life's blessings. Loved this description of the local body doing its thing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to express your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...