Saturday, August 13, 2011

Transition

An update on our visit to the Principal's Office:  All went well.  We actually met with a Guidance Counselor, and the Principal poked her head in to chat for a few minutes.  Both ladies were so kind to us, and very positive and encouraging.  This was (truthfully) much more than I had hoped for after hearing the experiences of other parents trying to enroll their previously homeschooled children in school.  OH ME, of little faith!


Once again, I was humbled by how much God was willing to show me of himself, when I was too caught up in myself to have enough trust in him.  It is such a wonder that he doesn't completely give up on me.

And so, it seems, our son is ready to enter into the hallowed halls of high school.  We now will have to take back-to-school shopping seriously -- something we never did as homeschoolers.  Guess I'll have to get over that sick-to-my-stomach feeling when I see or hear the words "back-to-school."  Guess we'll actually have to shop before school starts.  (We are used to bringing up the rear, catching all of the back-to-school clearance items!)

Oh yes, things will definitely change around here.  There will be HOMEwork for goodness sake -- something that we never had to worry about as homeschoolers, since we were HOME all day!

For this year at least, I will have one foot in public school, and the other still at home.  Our daughter has not caught the "school bug" - and is happy to stay at home for another school year.  I fully expect her to change her tune after she observes her big brother this year.

We'll see.

Stay tuned.

Do you have a good
"homeschool to school"
transition story?
I'd love to hear about it!

Sit Relax and Read






4 comments:

  1. Hello! Newest follower from the Say Hi Sunday Hop... would love for you to consider following me back! xo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my it all happens so fast. Mine will be that old so soon and that make me nervous. I hope he has a great year and enjoys this new adventure.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I will be praying for you Momma, I know transition is often harder for us than them. I know you will miss having him home everyday but will be excited for him. You are a good mom I am thankful to have you as a godly example for when I get to these ages.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the transition goes well! I'm a public school teacher, and I think it's neat that you considered this option. Again, I hope he has an awesome school year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...