Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Misc.

1. A little blast from the past!
In cleaning out our son's closet, we found this little gem.  We purchased it a long while back to keep a certain little guy busy on our trip to the beach.  This time - I'm hooked on it!  I haven't been able to put it down!

 

2.  Second Sunday
This is a time that our extended family gathers for lunch.  It's usually a time for sunshine and silliness during the summer months -- but yesterday it rained.  I mean, it really rained!!  My dear hubby offered to grill.  First umbrella: too small.  Second umbrella: huge with a leak.  Third umbrella: just right.  This has the makings of a childrens' book!  Here's the ending: when it was time to eat lunch - he was DRENCHED!

Pouring rain.  Good sport!

3.  Up at 5:45a.m.
Despite my intentions to sleep in today (after 9 weeks of rising early to get the troops out the door to our day-camp jobs), I was up at 5:45 to make lunch for my dear hubby.  Once I was up and moving, that was it.  It is now 7:04, and I have found my way to the blogs.  I've gotten a lot of reading done in these early moments, while watching the sun come up.  Actually, today it's just sort of the CLOUDS that came up.  That's okay with me.  After 9 weeks of praying for sunny days, I'm ready to slow down with a few rainy ones!  (Hmmm, how interesting that my son -who growls at me if I wake him too early on a non-working day- is up at this hour!  Apparently his body is still on camp-time as well!)

4.  Groceries!
Apparently we need them.  Milk we have.  Cereal?  Not so much.  We squeaked by on Saturday's dinner, using leftover (uncooked) burgers I had frozen from a get-together last weekend.  Second Sunday lunch at my parents saved the day yesterday.  But today, we need toilet paper.  Honestly - that may be the real motivator.  Just sayin'.

5.  Truth
I am really missing the beach today.  This will be the second year that we've missed our vacation.  Last year, we were all saving up for the big 50th Anniversary trip.  This year, the whole schooling thing was too uncertain.  Since it was possible that our son would've been starting school this week, we knew we would not have time between camp and school to grab that beach vacation.  Next year, we'll know how to plan better.  In the meantime, it is cool enough to open windows and hear the birds, and that will have to do.


I hope that you enjoy your day.
I am linking up with:
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Write down your random thoughts and join in!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...