Thursday, March 13, 2014

My BLOGGING "Get Up'n Go..."

You guessed it...


It got up'n went.

I am great.  We are well.  Everyone's doing okay.  It's just that, well... I haven't had too much spring-time inspiration or stuff to share, so I've been mostly silent.



~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoyed THREE mornings of baby-rocking this week.  THREE.  And they were the best.  One little "international" toddler made his (English) ABC sounds for us out of a clear blue sky while he looked at a book -- and it rocked my socks off.  Another, who usually insists on being held (not that we mind) decided to play happily alongside a little girl who is exactly the same age -- and she has a more familiar face than me.  She comes from the place he came from.  Yet another (who knows me well) signaled that he wanted to come up in my arms.  And while I was a little cocky at the thought of how much he might love me, he looked at me with his big brown eyes and said,

"Cheer-o's?"

The sweet little dumplin' wanted CHEERIOS to munch on.  But he still melts my heart, because when I said, "Where do you sit?"  he knew that the answer was "high chair!" -- to be isolated from other munchies that he is allergic to.

Again I tell you... those baby-rockin' mornings are THE BEST.

~~~~~~~~~~

It is a GORgeous sunshine-y [yes, still cold] day around here, after yesterday's rain-turned-to-snowin' & blowin' that amounted to about an inch (maybe ) around us.  I am at the point where I have vowed to not let the weather dictate what kind of day I'm going to have.  There's a little preachin' that goes on in my head each morning (you know with a weather man on one shoulder, and a halo-ed good guy on the other).  NO!  I will not let the weather reports make or break me.  SPRING WILL COME -- all in it's own good time, and according to God's plan -- just like every year.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have recently been reading THE BLOG of a sweet mama whose 4-year-old (identical twin) son has a brain tumor.  Her family is really in the throes of it, as you can imagine -- and yet her words are inspiring TO ME, who is just living the daily.


She continues:

I am a sinner. I do my best to follow God's Word. To live my life in a way that would please Him. But I don't deserve anything good that happens to me. It's only because of God's grace. His wonderful grace, that He extended to me simply because I asked.


How's that for inspiring?  God has given her a level of peace that passes all understanding, and SHE is still inspiring those she comes in contact with by her faith!  If you are so inclined, I'd ask that you'd pray for this sweet family -- that God's grace would continue to abound in their lives -- and in the life of their son, Ben.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today, Jill shared a picture on facebook with this quote: "Miserable people focus on the things they hate about their life.  Happy people focus on the things they love about their life."  LOVE that!

I hope that somehow today, you feel inspired and thankful, and are able to focus on the things that you LOVE about your life!

Have a beautiful day!  xo


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I am just NOT inspired to write. Actually, I know it's because I'm really not inspired to take pictures. I don't have any desire to take any more SNOW pictures. And my house is about as decked out for Spring as it's gonna get. I'm just in a holding pattern I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...