Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Appetizer Recipe: Sausage Rolls


This recipe has been with our family for... well, a long time.  I think my mom may have clipped it from the newspaper.  My recipe card says "Sausage Rolls" -- and for purposes here, I think I will stick with that, but we've always called them Sausage Balls.  I guess you can call them whatever sounds good to your family.  The recipe is easy... and it's hard.  Mostly it's easy.  But, let me explain.

The ingredient list is short.  The mixing is hard -- and mix you must for good results.  But NOW HEAR THIS. Whatever you do, DO NOT cook the sausage first!  You need to trust me on this people.  We had a friend who could not believe that you didn't have to cook it ahead of time, and so she did... with less than stellar results.

Here are the ingredients:


Sausage Rolls

1 lb. Bob Evans "ZESTY HOT" sausage, uncooked
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
3 c. Bisquick

Mix ingredients well.  [Like I said, this is the hard part -- because you will swear that you'll never be able to incorporate all of that dry Bisquick into the sausage and cheese.  Again, trust me.  Your hands will be tired, but it CAN be done!]

Roll mixed ingredients into one inch balls.  [I use my Pampered Chef scoop for a consistent size.]  Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until firm, and slightly browned.  Cool slightly on cooling rack lined with paper towel.  Serve warm.

These may be made ahead of time and refrigerated until baking time.

The ingredients...

Mix well with your HANDS.

FINALLY mixed!

Roll in one inch balls.

TaaDaa!

These are a great appetizer [one my mom serves every Christmas], but also nice for a special breakfast or brunch treat!  ENJOY!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...