Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ever Forward, S-L-O-W-L-Y

You might remember THIS POST, and THIS UPDATE about our bathroom.  What a sad combination of lack of decision making and feet dragging!  Or is that the same thing?  Well, you get my meaning.  Not much has been happening.  Inspiration was lacking.


But the other day, a Facebook friend asked where she should look for a bathroom mirror since she wasn't liking what was offered at the home-center-type stores.  Someone suggested the [Habitat for Humanity] ReStore. That stuck with me, and when we were looking for an adventure on Saturday, we decided to head there.

This is the kind of place where it's anyone's guess what you will find there on any given day.  The day we were there: no mirrors -- and really... nothing else of interest to us.  But, we were kind of on a quest for something to kick this bathroom project into high gear, so we headed to a local home-center.


Of course, we'd like to re-do the entire bathroom -- but that's just not going to happen right now... so the light fixture and a new mirror/medicine cabinet were the must-have items.  We decided to concentrate on the light fixture situation first.  The choices were endless -- and that's part of my problem.  When it comes to light fixtures, the kazillion choices pretty much fall into TWO categories for me: "that'll do" AND "that's ugly." Also, one of my hang-ups is the "finish."  That has totally kept me from making a decision in the past.  But recently, I've done enough blog-reading to know that people don't necessarily stick to just one finish for lights, cabinet hardware, and the faucet fixture.  I want to tell you... THAT IS SO FREEING!


So, with no regard to any other finishes in the room, we picked out a brushed nickel light fixture with three angular globes.  My sweet hubby has already installed it  (LOL - hope we're not moving too quickly for you! Believe me, nobody was more surprised than me!) -- AND, I LOVE IT.  (Like kicking-myself-wondering-why-we-waited-so-long LOVE IT!)

I'm so glad we finally got the ball rolling -- thanks to our daughter who said "How about this one?"  I have a feeling it won't be quite as hard to make the mirror/medicine cabinet choice now.  We already have a few ideas in mind.

Stay tuned!

[3-Light Bath Bar w/ brushed nickel finish and frosted glass
by Hampton Bay from The Home Depot.]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally! Thanks so much for stopping by and entering my giveaway, thank you too for putting my button on your blog! I am really liking your new light fixture... it is amazing how one change in a room can give you the courage and enthusiasm to continue on.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...