Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7th ~ Winter's Here!

* Tip-toed outside yesterday in my hubby's boots to retrieve a UPS Christmas delivery.
** Guess we got the Christmas lights up just in time!

Oh my - I am such a homebody, and especially during the winter.  Winter has come sort of hard and early to Ohio.  It is often pretty mild in our area - or at least only cold-ish up until Christmas, and then the real winter weather begins.  This year, there's already several of inches of snow on the ground, and it has been consistently falling from the sky since yesterday morning -- not hard, mind you, but consistent.  I bought a lot of groceries on Saturday and for that, I'm thankful.  Then I can play my little game.  (Do any of YOU do this?)  We have some really good meals for 3 days or so.  Then, supplies start getting a little low, and I have to get creative, because I don't want to leave the house.  I play the game: "What can I make with what's on the shelf?"  Sometimes I surprise myself!  I think this is where my "Impossible Breakfast Pie" came from (see recipes).  We'll see how far I get this week.  I'm thinking of venturing out to pick up December Daily pictures anyway.

Just for fun: you have to go HERE to see what Amanda at iambaker has come up with for today.  It's an amazing Christmas tree cake that...well, take a look!

Check this out. (Love it!)
If you love Celtic Woman, you'll remember Orla Fallon.  She has her own PBS Christmas special this year, and has a new CD and DVD too!  It includes many of the old Christmas Carols that we know and love.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out and for the other wonderful links!!!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amanda

    Ha - You are welcome! Twitter was buzzing about your cake today! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...