Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2nd ~ Memories

December Daily memories from yesterday:  

* It was lightly snowing, and my daughter (almost 13, & looking out the window) said, "You know what song this reminds me of?  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"  And we started singing together.  I got to the part about taking a look in the "FIVE AND TEN", and she stopped and asked what that was.  I explained to her that back in the day that was like the dollar store - except things only cost 5 and 10 cents.  She was incredulous & kept saying, "Really?  Only 5 or 10 cents?  Things were that cheap?  Really?"


* Our sweet daughter presented us with this Mother & Father of the year award... "for taking such good care of her while she had the flu."  It was kind of a spur of the moment award -- an old summer camp award of her own.  (Really - we don't have to talk about how good-looking this guy is, do we?)  The sentiment was there, and I know it came from her heart.


* Though Christmas decorating is going slow for us this year, I DID get the wreath up at our front entry.  Progress!

 
I can't wait to compile all this in my first-ever December Daily Page!  I'm not exactly sure that this process will be an every-day one since I don't print my photos at home.  For now, I have my Day One photos ordered at Walgreens.  I'll post Day One when it's complete...I think. (Confidence, now!)

Check this out. (Love it!)
Dial Complete Antioxidant Liquid Handsoap (Cranberry)
Formerly a HUGE Bath & Body Works fan...I'm looking for something a little more budget-friendly these days.  The cranberry variety smells good enough to eat.  Yummy.  (Available at your local grocery store!)

2 comments:

  1. That trophy looks like it should be for "Amazon Woman of the Year!" LOL!! Very sweet though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jill

    I know - isn't it hysterical? He(?) is actually holding a movie reel above his head - it was an oscar-like trophy for the week at camp when they made movies...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...