Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wait

While we were on vacation recently, we laughed at the number of times we said, "We'll see..." to the kids, and they said "YAY!"  thinking that meant YES to whatever they were wanting or waiting for.  Waiting... It's not something that most of us would say we're "good" at, is it?

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint." (King James Bible)

In this context, wait means to rely upon.

The idea of waiting has been on my mind a lot lately.  I have a friend who is waiting to begin radiation treatments on Friday.  I follow a blogger who is waiting to give birth to her daughter - days overdue.  I follow another blogger who is waiting for her sweet preemie to be healed, and to grow stronger.  I am waiting for my kids to get over the flu - waiting to see if my husband and I will be next.  All very different things on the waiting-spectrum.

I am reminded that I need to WAIT on the Lord.  That means rely on him.  Each of our needs are important to him.  He knows about my friend's radiation treatments.  He knows when a sweet baby girl will be born.  He knows when another sweet baby will be healed.  And, he knows that my kids have the flu.

If I am waiting on the Lord, I am relying on HIM for my strength.  Wow - that sounds a whole lot better than what I will be able to accomplish in my own strength after only a few good hours of sleep.  Renewed strength?  Running without being weary?  Walking without fainting?  Sounds good to me.

I am choosing to wait upon the Lord today.  If He says "we'll see", then I'll just wait some more - for I know He wants the very best for me.


Many thanks to Shabby Blogs for the frame freebie!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...