Tuesday, November 16, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things


Raindrops on roses and...
No - you didn't really think I was going to go THERE, did you?

But seriously, this seems to be the time of year when people are posting their favorite things - or things that inspire them, or make their lives easier.

Since I have just recently joined the world of blogging, I've been thinking a lot about the blogs that I follow, and why I follow them - are they just fun to read, do they help me, inspire me?

Here are some that top my list:

I LOVE Ali's approach to scrapbooking and memory keeping.  By approach, I guess I mean the simplicity and clean lines of her pages, because the interesting twist is that Ali is "a lot digital," and I am a-lot-NOT.  But I love Ali's style, and am a big fan.  She has shared tons of amazing ideas with her blog-followers, not the least of which are her "Week In The Life" and "December Daily" projects.  You know I am excitedly tackling the December Daily album this year!  C'mon December FIRST!  I'm ready for you!  A Week in (my) Life album may come in 2011, who knows?

This of course, is Becky Higgins - creator of "Project Life"  I love to read Becky's ideas for pictures of the day, her decorating & spray-painting tricks, and her suggestions for Project Life.  I used the kit version (vs. the digital version) for my Project 365 this year.  I have taken (at least) one picture every day all year, and have put them all in this album, using all the goodies that come with the kit.  It is a fun way to get a "snap shot" of your entire year without doing scrapbook layouts for every single event.  It is definitely a simplified approach, and I have enjoyed the journey.  It has also stretched my imagination for picture taking possibilities - even though I am strictly an amateur.  Becky recently revealed a Project Life sneak peek HERE. (Wait until you see the new designs & product options for 2011!)  I'm thinking about a different approach for next year - perhaps a week at a glance, and not necessarily a photo from each day.  There are so many ways to use this product.

This blog is just plain fun.  If you are one of those people that watches movies and falls in love with the houses, or if you just like to look at interesting homes, Julia is the one to "hook" you up.  She has a passionate pastime, and it makes for one interesting blog.  The other day, I watched the movie "Stepmom," and I got to wondering about that house.  I asked Julia about it, and sure enough - she had pictures and info to share!

I found this blog recently, and have been challenged by what Sandy shares.  Her blog challenges us to open our homes more, and relax and enjoy that time with family and friends. She's got lots of good ideas for planning get-togethers, and plenty of recipes to pass along too! 

Kara Layne Photography & Design 
If you like to look at gorgeous pictures of normal people like you & me, check out Kara's blog.  She is a most-awesome photographer who captures her subjects in beautiful ways.  There are lots of family & wedding shots here -- so fun to look at... I know you will enjoy pouring over Kara's site.  She shares a lot of sweet stories too!

This is only a drop in the blog-bucket.  There are many other blogs that I frequently check in on.  I'll share more another time.

You must have favorites as well!  Please post a comment and tell me about your favorite blog -- perhaps with a link for easy access?

Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweetheart. Thanks for the shout-out! Now I need to check out the other blogs you mentioned. There are a couple I haven't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...