Thursday, November 18, 2010

Soup Season!



Rejoice!  For it is soup season!  Can you tell I ENJOY soup?  (It's possible that I have mentioned this in a previous post!)  I really do.  I could live on soup from fall (as soon as it gets cold) until early spring, when it is still cold!  If it weren't for my family asking me to make anything other than soup, I probably would do just that!  Seriously though, my family...good sports.  'Nuf said.




Today, I am making Vegetable Beef Soup.  It's a recipe that I concocted about two years ago (after looking at LOTS of others).  I make it in the crock-pot, but it is just as easily made in a big pot on the stove.

Vegetable Beef Soup
5 cups water
5 packets/cubes/tsp. low sodium beef bouillon
a dash of garlic salt
1 can of tomato sauce
1 lb. ground round, browned & drained
3 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 potatoes, sliced/cut how you like 'em
1 can green beans, drained
salt and pepper to taste

We tend to like our broth on the light side (meaning: not too strong).  You could certainly adjust anything about this recipe to suit your tastes!  Enjoy -- and stay warm!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...