Writing for 5 minutes on the prompt: "If You Met Me."
Real, true, unscripted, and unedited...
If you met me..
- I hope that you would see God -- by the way I live my life, make my choices, raise my kids.
- I would tell you about my family, who I love like crazy. Even in the midst of hard things, we stick together and support one another.
- I would (no doubt) tell you about the part-time work that I enjoy at our church -- in Kids Ministries. One job is ending until fall, and I'm gearing up for a summer job that will be new and interesting to me.
- I would tell you for sure that I am kind of sick of this hard winter/cold spring weather and ready for some warm sun on my back. But at the same time, I am reminded (by the daily news) to be thankful that I am not in a tsunami or earthquake zone -- and to pray for the people who ARE.
- You would no doubt learn that I am a homeschooler, but that I do not brag on that. It's not how I roll. I feel uncomfortable around people who can only identify me as a homeschooling mom. There is much more to me.
- I might talk to you about my latest interests of photography and blogging.
- You would no doubt learn that I wear my heart on my sleeve, and that sometimes, I have to hold back, because I reveal too much, and "spill over" in my joys or frustrations. I think it overwhelms people sometimes.
- You would learn that I TREASURE my friendships. God has blessed me with the most awesome friends -- women who "get" me, and I am thankful for that DAILY.