Monday, April 8, 2013

What's Up? 4.8

Last year, at the beginning of April, I started a WILDLY POPULAR blog series called "What's Up?"  Oops, I got confused there for a minute.  The wildly popular part goes with a different post on Downton Abbey.  More on that another time.  Anyways, back to my ordinary garden series...

"What's Up?" ended up being a series of posts about what was coming up in our garden.  It's really amazing to see what was blooming at this time last year in NEOhio.  LOTS of stuff.  This year, we have daffodils and tulips up -- well, at least the greenery.  Perhaps they'll open this week if we have that forecasted warm day.  Ummm, not holding my breath.  This year has been anything but predictable so far!!!

If the tulips and daffodils DO open, be sure that I will try to capture them for you with my camera.

In the meantime, here's what's up:

Hellebore



My dad shared this plant from his garden last year.  It bloomed a little, and tried to hold it's own -- but I wasn't convinced that I'd see it again this year.  I'm happy to report: IT'S BA-ACK -- and with a handful of buds, too!


My amazing hubby was outside Saturday and Sunday cleaning out the garden areas.  He removed leaves and branches and ran them through a mulching-type mower, then returned the newly made mulch to the flower beds.  In the midst of his tidying up, he found a couple areas that looked like this:

Daffodils?  Tulips?


They look a little anemic and wimpy right now, but that's only because they were buried under wet leaves these last few weeks.  Now that the sun can reach them, I think they'll do better.  I'll keep you posted.

So, what's up at your house?


1 comment:

  1. My tiny daffs did bloom, I need to take a quick photo. Bulbs I planted in the fall are coming up, I don't remember what they are, the little markers are long gone! It will be a surprise. One side they are coming up and the other side nothing (yet). xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...