Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

1
Well, I totally scrapped the post that I had for today.  It was a downer.  And while some days, real life can be difficult to express in a positive manner, I thought it best not to go there today.  Negative was feeding negative, and it was pulling me down.  I didn't want to do the same thing to you, since you were nice enough to stop by.

2
I've had a loaner vehicle since last Thursday (you remember my Coca-Cola Moment?), and just when I was kind of getting used to the lovely red Nissan Pathfinder, they called to say my Honda Odyssey is ready.  Back to real life.  I got in the van, and wow -- I'd forgotten what my very own brake and gas pedals feel like.  You know that feeling?  Weird.


3
We had a few specially-selected bumper stickers on our van.  When I took it in for repairs (on the back trunk hatch-door), they asked if I minded loosing the bumper stickers.  In a moment of silliness last night, I wondered to my husband WHAT ON EARTH they would've done if I would've said, "Yes, I mind!"  Hmmm.  Would they have steamed them off for me?  Ha!  Well, lucky for them, I have never been sentimental about a bumper sticker!

4
My girl wants to learn how to make a pumpkin roll, so I've been looking around for recipes.  I did a search on Pinterest, and if you want to see a whole page of pumpkin roll pictures, well... searching on Pinterest is all you need to do!  Of course, a lot were repeats.  I ended up checking out THIS ONE from Molly at Stilettos and Diapers.  Right at the get-go, Molly says it looks difficult, but it really isn't.  Thank you, ma'am.  That's just the encouragement we needed!  We found our recipe!


5
Today is pretty chilly (like never supposed to leave the 40's and getting down to 32 tonight!) and rainy.  I'm thinking it's an excellent day for Vegetable Beef Soup, and maybe some bread from the bread machine.  What are you making for dinner?

6
I am thinking of Kensington today, and keeping her lifted up in prayer.  You may know her mama: Rachel, from No. 17.  Today is Kensington's second eye surgery.  Rachel's mama-heart is hurting.  If you could keep this family lifted up in prayer today,
I know they'd appreciate it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...