Thursday, October 6, 2011

Recipe: Taco Soup

This is a crock-pot recipe from Jill.  She gets all the credit for this one.  I'm not sure where she found the recipe, but I got it from her, and oh, am I glad.  We love this stuff!  It's delicious and so, so easy!

Jill's Taco Soup 
32 oz. chicken broth
1- 16oz jar salsa 
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 boneless chicken breast halves
tortilla chips
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream or other desired toppings 

In crock-pot, combine broth, salsa & taco seasoning.  Add chicken & cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.  Shred chicken before serving.  Serve with chips, cheese, sour cream, or other desired toppings.

My favorite way to eat it?  Fill your bowl with soup. Crush tortilla chips on top, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.  The cheese will start to melt on top of the chips, and it's oh-so-good.

I'm linking up with Gooseberry Patch for their Hearty & Homestyle Recipe Round-Up.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...