Friday, November 22, 2013

Update on Things 1-4 (Sweet Things)

AKA: I found a camera cord, so here's the "hat day" picture!

If you've been following along this week, you know I've been spending the week with my four nieces in Pennsylvania.  They are (top to bottom, left to right) Things ONE, FOUR, THREE, and TWO.  They came to these "nicknames" when they found t-shirts in the style of Dr. Seuss's Things One and Two (and up to FOUR), and it has stuck.

Thing One  is smart and techy, and fast becoming a teen.  Though she is growing up quickly, she is a snuggler at heart.  I love when she stands beside me and leans in for a hug, or lays her head on my shoulder.
Thing Two needs me to sit on her while she does her homework.  Luckily, we've been able to laugh about that so far!  Also, she has shared important cooking instructions with me.
Thing Three  often hovers close by (when she is here), and loves on me -- I think so I know she thinks I'm doing "okay" around here.  She is a great helper.
Thing Four  is the baby, but she is mighty, and she will NOT eat breakfast for me.  She just grins when I beg her.


These girls have traveled the world, and now they are (at least for a short time) practically in our back yard.  I'm so excited to have had this chance to spend more time with them.  We were all chatting in the car on the way home from school the other day, and they reminded me that it would be mere DAYS before I see them again.  Hurray for Thanksgiving!



'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for helpful blogging friends
* grateful for telephone chats with my hubby
* grateful for a new job opportunity for our son
* grateful for the anticipation of family time at Thanksgiving


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


1 comment:

  1. Sweet looking girls! How wonderful that you get to spend time with them, particularly this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...