Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving '13

The big day is getting close.  Are you ready?  I'm not.  But, it will all work out.  Jill and her family will be going to her in-laws this year, but they were given a FREE TURKEY -- so guess what?  They shared it with us before we bought ours!  How nice.  Said bird is currently thawing in the refrigerator.  Other family members are bringing various dishes, so I have to sit down and figure out what's left for me to do.


Incoming weather threatens to keep some of those we love at home.  We're hoping that will not be the case.  On Wednesday evening,  we'll be gathering with my hubby's family, and I will be whipping up our Killer Hashbrown Casserole.  On Thursday, my Mom will be bringing the Cinnamon Applesauce Salad to our house, along with a bunch of other goodies.  My mouth is watering already.


Just a note about my "give thanks" spoon...  So many of you have commented on it when you've seen it in my photos.  I did not make it, but won it quite a while ago from another blogger.  She was purging, and giving away some special things that she no longer had room for.  Things that were just too precious to throw away.  Special, but past the time when they needed to take up space in her home.  And so, I "won the comment lottery" for this precious spoon.  I haven't been able to put it away since Susie gifted it to me.  Rather than a seasonal decoration, it has become a daily reminder.  Sometimes it is a place of honor in an arrangement.  Other times, it resides here at my desk in the pencil cup.  It brings a smile every day!


Well, I've got a lot of things to do around here before Thursday, so let me say it NOW...  I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy each and every moment with the ones you love -- and remembering how short life is, be intentional in your time together!

Love, Sally


'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for my precious family
* grateful for our good health
* grateful for this season of the year, when we set aside time to gather together and celebrate
* grateful for all of the freedoms that we enjoy in this country
* grateful for my Lord and Savior and his sacrifice on the cross


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


4 comments:

  1. Love the spoon, Sally...a great reminder to be thankful all year long, not just at holiday time! Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful and your guest arrive safely! :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your arrangement and the special spoon. How wonderful that you won and cherish it! Happy Thanksgiving to you. Yes, this will be a special one for us because we know all too well about how short life can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...