Monday, November 18, 2013

Little Thanksgiving Touches

I will be away from home for the rest of this week, so I've been trying to get things in order around here so that Thanksgiving week doesn't feel overwhelming for me.  My sweet hubby was out of town for two weeks, and I tried to use that time effectively, catching up on laundry, general tidying, and a little bit of Thanksgiving decorating.


Because I decorate for FALL as opposed to halloween, my seasonal vignettes carry over into the Thanksgiving season easily, and I can just add some last minute Thanksgiving touches.

You may remember THIS FILLABLE LAMP BASE PROJECT.  I thought it was time for an update.  I was happy to find some berry garland at Michael's for 80% off, and I re-filled my lamp base for a new look.


Also, if you follow me on Facebook (you DO, right??), you may have seen my post about the Tablecloth Dance. Over the years, I have had some ill-fitting tableclothes that I had finally had it with.  I decided that I would purchase a new one for this Thanksgiving, and I hit the jackpot at TJMaxx.


Well, actually... the story goes like this:

* I wasn't sure of my table's length (no wonder my other tablecloths were ill-fitting, right?), so I purchased two different lengths of a tablecloth I liked at TJMaxx
* Got home & realized BOTH were the wrong size
* Headed out later that same evening to HomeGoods on the other side of town (and where I could also hit a different TJMaxx), where I thought I might find the same brand/pattern tablecloth in the correct size
* Found a different tablecloth to "settle for" in the correct size & purchased it
* Headed over to TJMaxx to return the other "wrong size" tablecloths
* While there, spotted (under a HEAP of highly unorganized place mats) ONE tablecloth in the pattern and size that I'd really wanted.  Boom.  Happy girl!

[...and see what I mean?  A DANCE! -- or a wild goose chase, you decide.]


Plus, what I didn't tell you is that I found a pretty Ralph Lauren floral table runner on clearance.  Hello?  Really happy girl.  Totally returning that "settled for" tablecloth!


How about you?
What are you doing around the house to spruce things up for Thanksgiving?


'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for my wonderful mom, whose birthday we celebrated yesterday
* grateful for the chance I'll have to visit with four of my nieces this week
* grateful for prayer warriors
* grateful for successful heart surgery for a cousin
* grateful for my handy hubby & the car repairs he was able to do for our son


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


4 comments:

  1. That floral pattern sure is pretty! You got to love it when there is a happy ending to your shopping chores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a bit of bouncing around, it worked out beautifully! I am still wondering about a table covering here. I want Pilgrims in the worst way! Have not been able to find any so I am going to print off a copy for my frame instead. It'll have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too decorate for autumn rather than Halloween (not my fave holiday)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that berry garland in the lamp~ so pretty! On my way to Facebook now, to make sure I follow you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...