Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Spool Awaits It's Fate

So, I think I've mentioned that it's been a bit of "musical vehicles" around here lately, since my hubby's been working on our son's car.  The other day, my daughter and I took my hubby's van grocery shopping, and came out to find this giant spool in the back of the van.


Oh my, did my wheels ever start turning!  I confess, when we got home, I did a search for "giant spool" on Pinterest and found THESE IDEAS.  A little premature I guess, since I didn't know where my hubby got the spoon, or who or what it was intended for.

Turns out, he was at a local DIY store, and saw an employee rolling the empty spool through the store.  He asked if he could have it, and  BOOM!  It's in his trunk!

I don't know WHAT he intended for it, but when my daughter accidentally slipped and told him I'd been Pinterest surfing for ideas, he said to me, "You'd better look surprised on Christmas!"  So, that's been the joke around here lately.

For today, it's sitting on my patio -- awaiting it's fate.

What would YOU do with it?

(It's not too late to link up with Tuesday's Thanksgiving traditions survey!)



'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for a successful shopping trip with my daughter
* grateful for great life-long friends for my kids
* grateful for family dinner +1 with one of those friends


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Think of the possibilities! I really like the Pinterest examples of a coffee table/bookcase. with wheels, of course, you can spin it around and find the book you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no good with an original idea, but I like that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you practicing you surprised look and exclamation already!!! lol... love getting these kinds of throw-aways for free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness the possibilities are endless really! I can't wait to see what you come up with girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...