Friday, January 25, 2013

Just Like Magic!

You may have noticed this new button on my sidebar.


Curious?  Go HERE to see one of the        buttons on a recipe post.  You will find the little button at the top of the recipe near the recipe (not post) name.  Go ahead and check it out, and then come back here... I'll wait.


Okay -- did you see the button?  Did you click on it?  If you did, it would've led you to my recipe on a site called My Recipe Magic.

Designed by the owners of Six Sisters Stuff, MyRecipeMagic.com is a recipe sharing community that helps you to plan, organize, and create the perfect meal.  Here's what you can expect to find:
  • nutritional values
  • serving size information
  • the option to create your own Cookbook using the collection of recipes you find there
  • the option to find "similar" recipes
  • an "intelligence" option that will guide you to recipes using ingredients that you already have on hand
  • a "create a menu" option
  • a "create a shopping list" option
  • a way to earn a little pocket change by adding your own recipes!

Some of these options are already available on this new site, and some are in the works.  It's a great tool, and if you love to cook, you should definitely stop by to take a look.

As an example, I've listed my recipe for Bacon-Cheese Dreams.  From my post, you can click on the "magic" button, and it will take you to MyRecipeMagic.com, and show you my recipe again.

The difference is... you won't find just the recipe, but nutritional information as well -- just like the side of a box!  And, HELLO!  Weight Watcher points.  Just sayin' people.

So, as you can see, one open-faced Bacon-Cheese Dream will cost you 165 calories -- and 4 Weight Watcher points -- no matter how you slice it.

So, what do you think?  A great tool, yes?

The site really seems to have taken off, too.  Tons of recipes have been added since I first started adding mine.

Let me know if you check it out.  I'd love to hear how you would use the site.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really neat tool. I will be back to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...