Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe: Bacon-Cheese Dreams


Need an easy lunch or dinner?  How about a delicious open-faced sandwich?  I served these the other night with a salad, and it was such a simple dinner.  Here's what you'll need for:



Bacon-Cheese Dreams

Ingredients:
1 slice of bread for each sandwich you'd like to serve.
bacon (cooked, 1-2 slices per sandwich)
tomatoes (sliced, 2-3 slices per sandwich)
1 slice of American cheese for each sandwich

Directions:
Lightly toast the bread in toaster.
Place cooked bacon pieces on toast.
Cover with tomato slices.
Cover with slice of cheese.
Using broiler-safe pan, place sandwiches under broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.  WATCH carefully!

You can eat these with your hands, but sometimes it's easier to cut them up, and use a fork --because the sandwiches are still hot!  My mouth is watering as I write this post.  I'm thinking we're going to be making these again soon!


linking up here: 

Also at: 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But wait!
Don't go away just yet!!  I want to tell you about a sweet giveaway going on over at Lemonade Makin' Mama.

[photo used with permission]

The goodies include:
  • goat's milk soaps
  • a pretty flowered bowl
  • green party napkins
  • organic peanut butter cups
  • Branch colored pencils
  • shimmery mineral eye shadows with an applicator brush

Just go to LMM to find out how to enter to win!
(A winner will be chosen by Thursday 6/28/12.)


4 comments:

  1. Grandma used to make these and so did I. Did you remember?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since my boys love anything involving bacon, I think we may have a winner here! Thanks for sharing! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dish looks delish! Did you come-up with that name? I think it fits perfectly. I should try this one sometime.
    I hope you could come by and link-up your delicious dream at link party I am having every Friday called Passion Parade.

    Thank you so much for visiting me. I am now following you :)

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super that you linked in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...