Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pinterest Board: Baking

I was checking out my Pinterest boards the other day... moving some things around. Sometimes when I pin something, I totally know what board I want to pin it on, and later I wonder, "What was I thinking?  It makes more sense over here!"  And I move it.  I know. I'm weird.  Who cares.  (Confession:  I love Pinterest!)

I thought maybe I'd chat about some of the boards that don't get much attention. Because... they still have some of my favorite things on them.  Today: baking.

Do you love to bake?  Oh my gosh - I do.  I find it so relaxing.  Below are a few favorite tips and products from my "baking" board on Pinterest.

Click on the photo or the "title" to go to the site.



10 Tips on Baking with Silicone Molds
I love these things!  We eat a lot of muffins around here.  They are an easy breakfast on the go, but I felt like I was buying the liner-things all the time!!!  Now, I bake my muffins in these silicone molds, let the muffins cool, and then "peel" the molds before bagging the muffins for the freezer.  The muffins come out like a dream.  I soak the molds in soapy water, scrub them, and let them air-dry.


How to Replace Eggs in Your Cooking
This is a site that I just used recently when I was short one egg for a recipe.  I used suggestion #6 of water, oil, and baking powder, and my banana muffins came out just fine!


Baking Ingredients and their Function
This page takes me back to my college days and a class I took called "Food for the Family."  I remember memorizing various baking ingredients and their functions.  This is a great tool -- especially in conjunction with the (above) egg replacement suggestion -- because the first step says, "Work out what you want your egg replacement to do."  As this page will tell you... eggs serve many functions.  Lots of good information here.


And last but not least...


...a tutorial from the lovely Layla at The Lettered Cottage for an adorable Cupcake Stand.  Maybe it's a s-t-r-e-t-c-h to have this on my "baking" board, but I think I was afraid this one would get lost over on my "Crafty" board.  I love this.  You could deck this out in any fashion specific to your occasion.  It's a fun piece, isn't it?

See, loads of good ideas here.  And this doesn't even include baking RECIPES.  I've got other Pinterest boards for them!!!

Not on Pinterest yet?
{You'll need an invitation.}
Leave me a note in the comments
or send me an e-mail,
and I'd be glad to invite you.

1 comment:

  1. awwww :)
    thank you for this.
    I can't wait to bake on Saturday. :)
    by the way, have you ever heard pinfaves dot com?
    it's a great website where you can submit your favorite pins from pinterest.
    you can also vote up the pins you like or vote down the pins you hate.
    it's great, isn't it?
    just go to pinfaves dot com and trust me, it's worth the try. :)

    love,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...