Monday, May 7, 2012

A Garden Visitor

TGIF!  What a day!
This guy just needed 40-winks in the shade!
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
-- John Lubbock



"Okay, I'm up.  I'm up!"

That was Friday.  On Saturday, he was back -- all nestled under the rose bush.  My son said the rabbit had hopped 'round in circles preparing a little spot for himself to lie down.  I commented that he picked a heck of a spot.  "Have you SEEN the thorns on that rose bush?" I said to my son.  Actually, my son reminded me that the rabbit had probably picked a very safe napping spot.  What other critter would bother the bunny knowing he had to tangle with those thorns?  As I made my way out the sliding glass door to the patio to take some pictures of flowers in the garden, the bunny hopped to attention, and looked ready to bolt.  I kept to my side of the patio, and he let me go out, take pictures in the yard, and go back in without ever leaving his spot.  It appears that the two of us will have to have an understanding this summer.

No summer job this year, buddy.
I'm here all summer.  Get used to it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...