Monday, March 28, 2011

Why Worry When You Can Pray?

I mentioned in a previous post that we were contemplating sending our son to a Christian school.  We truly feel that the Lord is leading us in this direction, and so we have started the lengthy application process.  It began a few weeks ago with an admissions test.

I was nervous like it was me taking the test.

Before we left our driveway, I put my hand out for the kids to grab, and said, "Let's pray before we leave."  My son (the actual testee) looked at me as if to say, "Really?  What are you so worried about?"


Worrying.  It's what we moms DO, isn't it?  I know the old adage that says, "Why worry when you can pray," but I'm only human (you know, sin nature and all).  Sometimes, I feel absolutely choked by the feeling that I don't have time to pray because there is just too much to worry about.  (Anyone else feel that way sometimes?)

So, back to the application process.  There is so much to read, and so many forms to fill out.  There are words like "the committee," and "if an interview is granted."  Even though friends assure me it's all part of the routine, and not a big deal, it's all more than a little overwhelming for me.

I cannot wait to finally wade through it all and get to summertime.  We should have an answer before then, and I will be able to relax a little.  At least until the first day of school.  Then I'll no doubt put my hand out for the kids to grab and I'll say, "Let's pray before we leave!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...