Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sentimental Indeed

I don't often talk about homeschooling.  But... we homeschool.

At the current time, we are contemplating sending our son to Christian school.

The other day, I was talking to a friend about where we stand today with regards to school.  I recalled to her that a few years back when we talked to the kids about going to school, our son cried because he didn't want to go, and our daughter cried because she didn't know what she'd do without her brother all day.

At this point, nobody is crying.  Our son is ready to go to school and (interestingly enough) our daughter did not cry at the thought of him going.

Things change.  Kids grow up.  Oh, how I wish I could slow that process.

~ 1999 ~
<<<<<  I'm feeling sentimental about these two.

I am so proud of both of them for who they are becoming in this hard journey called life.  At the same time, I want it all to screech to a halt.

I remember that, as a young mom, older moms told me to "hold onto these years, for they are fleeting!"  They didn't lie.

{Sentimental indeed.}


Sit Relax and Read


2 comments:

  1. Oh how fast it goes. My baby is turning 8 this month and I still call her my baby. It is hard to wrap your mind around how fast it goes. Thank you for sharing this moment with us. I needed to take a moment and enjoy them were they are at today.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sally, this post is so sweet and also made me smile. Times change, don't they? I remember when my oldest asked me what college was all about, and then cried when I explained that one day he'd be moving away. As much as we'd like to, we can't stop time. But I will tell you I've truly enjoyed each and every stage. I miss the old days of little boys so much, but I love hanging out with my adult boys - they are a blast! Now I guess I'll just look forward to grandbabies one day as a way to get my fill of little ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...