Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Facts of Life

Buds on the maple tree!

So, it would seem that spring-time is here.  Let's not talk about the snow forecasted for next week.  TODAY (oops, just checked the time -- make that YESTERDAY) was glorious, in the 60/70 degree range with lots of sun.  But, with the good, you've got to take a little bad.  Enter allergies.  Yesterday, I was feeling the beginning of them, and it wiped me out.

♫♫♪♪♫
"You take the good, You take the bad,
You take them both and there you have the facts of life."

{I've always wanted to say "name that movie" or in this case name that show -- you know, like The Pioneer Woman does?  But this one's a little obvious!}

Anyways, back to the allergies and being wiped out.  I took a little nap in the afternoon.  And then again in the evening.  I was just not feeling great.  But of course, you know what that means.  TaaDaa.  It's the "wee hours" and I'm awake.  Wanna hear about my day?

I thought you'd never ask.  We had a spring-break sort of day.  My son spent the day with friends which meant my daughter and I had some girl time.  We enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite local spots, Blake's.  They specialize in yummy cupcakes, and we each ate 1/2 of ours before our sandwiches arrived.  (Well, what's a girl to do?  They give you your cupcake first!!!)  Then it was off to birthday shop for 2 nieces, and a friend.  We ended up getting all the things we were looking for, and had the most fun at Michaels.


My dear daughter has been dying to paint something.  She found a monogrammed "S" with a hook - to hang on the wall in her room for $1.  It was bare wood when she purchased it, and she picked a lovely shade of green paint for 59 cents.  She added a little stick-on butterfly bling, and look how cute!


Is it spring-time yet at your house?  Are you experiencing allergies?  Getting creative?  Leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear from you.  And who knows?  If you respond quickly, I may be still sitting right here - ready to chat...  Otherwise, happy weekend to all -- and to all a good night! (Wait, what time is it?)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...