Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Every year we deal with the idea of the over-commercialization of Christmas.  You know - the stores that are stocked with Christmas items before Halloween is even over for goodness sake!  Our kids are always stunned by this - and quite frankly, it still surprises me as an adult.  I try to explain to them that stores sell things for people to get ready for Christmas, and therefore it has to be ahead of time.  Still, it seems early.

"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air." ~W.T. Ellis

On the other side of the coin, certain members of my family tease me that I am “a little early” when I listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  I really believe that the spirit of Christmas comes from your heart.  As a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ, I am truly celebrating Christmas year-round - just not in the outward fashion that we see all around us in November and December.

So, it's official.  I am in the Christmas spirit.  And yes, I started playing Christmas music at home yesterday.  If playing Christmas music in November is wrong, I don’t want to be right.

What's the first thing that YOU do to get in the Christmas spirit?

 Oh the collection... from Bing Crosby to Veggie Tales 
to Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and everything in between!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...