Monday, December 10, 2012

Everyone Has a Story

I'm feeling so blessed after a wonderful day with family yesterday, yet... I am melancholy.


The older I get, the more I realize how people struggle with this time of year.  This season, in particular, has been difficult as my uncle is in failing health, and a dear friend's parents (both of them also dear to me) are in failing health, as well.  It's so hard to know how to pray in these circumstances.  Healing, yes.  But, when that seems unattainable... I just want my loved ones to be free of sickness and pain.  The inevitable conclusion being that sweet family members and friends have to go on.  It's unimaginable to think of being in their position.  Also, it's incomprehensible to me that God doesn't ease the suffering in MY time.  If you're honest, you know exactly what I mean.  I mean no irreverence to God.  It's just that my comprehension is not limitless because I can't see all of what lies ahead.

These sweet servants lie in their sick-beds, and continue to serve as they wait on God to call them HOME.  Their lives, cut short or lived long, continue to minister to others in ways that we (with our earthly eyes) cannot always see or understand.  But, God can -- of course.  And so his timing is perfect.  In our family, we have already seen evidence of this.

So today, I wait on God.  Praying for his timing, and for peace for those who are caring for, and will carry on.

God is teaching me to be gentle with those who do not feel JOY in this season, remembering that everyone has a story.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I know it is difficult for others to remember those of us who are suffering grief...some days I just hang on...I love Christmas but with the death of both of my parents so new...some days I am not sure how to pray for me or my family...thank you for knowing and caring about the others! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...