Monday, April 23, 2012

Humble Flying Lessons

Wednesday night will be the last night of a part-time job that I've held at our church for the past seven years.  Back in 2005, I took the job as a coordinator of our church's mid-week program for girls in grades 1-6.

When I accepted the job, I assumed that I'd be leading girls.

What I learned along the way was that I was also leading women.

Either way, I never thought that I'd be helping anyone to "soar."  So, imagine my surprise when I received this beautiful scarf (below) with a sweet sentiment that took my breath away!


What an honor and privilege it has been for me to learn to soar right along side these lovely women and girls!  During the journey, I have learned that I can tackle things that are bigger than myself -- because none of it is bigger than my God.

I'm grateful for whatever work God did in my heart that made me say yes to this job -- so that I could experience the joy of being a part of so many amazing families and lives, and ...learn to soar.

This week, I'll be cleaning out my desk, turning in my nametag and church keys  -- and praying about what God has for me next.

Never underestimate what God can do when you are willing
to take a step of faith outside of your comfort zone.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Sally! It's awesome to see how God takes our humble attempts at following him and does more than we can ask or imagine! I can tell you blessed many lives!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...