Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Random With a Dash of Peppermint

one.
I love to bake quick-breads during the winter.  Especially during the winter.  When the house is all closed up tight, it's so nice to have those wonderful fragrances in the air.  But when I make a loaf of bread, POOF!  It's gone in no time.  (Remember, I have a teenage son in the house!)  Lately, I have still been baking my bread recipes, but I've been baking them into muffins instead (no adjustments to the recipe, just the baking time).  And then, I put them in a freezer bag in the freezer.  We almost always have muffins in the freezer now. They don't go nearly as fast as the bread.  (I think the "out-of-sight-out-of-mind thing works in my favor!)  Our favorite quick-bread recipes?  Pumpkin Bread, Cranberry-Orange Bread, and Banana Bread.

two.
The other day, I wrote about Advent Wreaths, and letting go of things that aren't of supreme importance during the Christmas Season -- in order to keep our eyes on Jesus.  Saturday, we experienced a different dilemma.  Christmas lights.  Love 'em or hate 'em?  Me?  I could go either way, but I'm NO GOOD at putting them up.  My daughter loves them on the house, but she's a little too short to manage all of the climbing-ladders-and-reaching-stuff without help.  My hubby and son?  The jury is still out.  Usually, the project starts in one frame of mind and ends in another.  So, I'm thinking that next year, we will re-visit the whole "lights-on-the-house" thing.  What do you do at your house?

three.
It's the second week of Advent, and we are doing devotionals about our "Mighty God" this week -- which somehow reminded me of this quote which I spotted recently: "Don't tell God how big your problems are.  Tell your problems how big your GOD is!" THAT puts things into perspective.

four.
I have not been good about writing down my One Thousand Gifts.  I know thinking them in my head isn't the same as remembering them on paper.  I'm going to strive to do better. (You heard it here!)


five.
Favorite holiday addiction?  Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Herbal Tea  If you are crazy over anything peppermint like I am, you will L-O-V-E this tea.  I've seen Celestial Seasonings coupons in the Sunday coupon papers too, just FYI.

six.(also peppermint)
Lesson learned last year: Do NOT mistake Oreo cookies with Winter Red Creme for Peppermint Oreos.  NOT the same thing.

seven.(also peppermint)
And while we're on the subject of peppermint... I tried the new Peppermint Mocha at MickeyD's.  DE-li-cious!  Very pepperminty!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...