Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hello??? What Kind of Blogger Am I?

Admittedly, my brain was a scattered mess this past weekend.  It's true.

I had a big plan -- to share with you an appetizer recipe that has long been a family favorite.  I was making it for my girl's birthday party.  I knew that I would not have time to share it until after the superbowl, but still, it's a great appetizer recipe for any occasion, and an awesome brunch recipe as well.  I took pictures of each step, even though it's one of the easiest recipes ever with only three ingredients. And then, I completely forgot to take pictures of the final product.  FAIL.  {What kind of blogger am I???}  Most of the food got gobbled up at our daughter's birthday party, and she took the "leftovers" to her youth group's "small group" meeting last night, because we knew the teenagers would help us clean up... and they did.  G-O-N-E.  No pictures.  Nada. Guess I"ll share that recipe another time.

I also made my Holiday Cheese Ball for the party, and thought I would finally be able to share a "final product" photo with you for that as well.  Ummmm, no.  Another fail.

Also?  I didn't get a lot of birthday girl shots, or a shot of the table loaded with food, or pictures of guests... But, after everyone went home, my girl said, "I loved how cuddly the girls [her cousins] were today!" -- and later when I looked at the photos I had taken, I found this one, snuggled up on the couch together, reading birthday cards. Sweet.


And BONUS:  I DID remember our traditional birthday-girl shot, and as the Granthams would say...

"Well.  That's Something!"  *wink


Happy, happy!


3 comments:

  1. I think you remembered to take the most important pictures! Happy birthday to these sweet young ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now don't be too hard in yourself. It only means that you must make it again soon for that final pic. Should I run now? Cute picture, sweet smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You documented some fun memories, and that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...