Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

My daughter gently scolded me today, and reminded me that I haven't posted anything here in "a while."  It has been SO COLD, and SO SNOWY.  And I have been SO UNINSPIRED.  I have hit the rock bottom of winter.  [Just in time for a warm-up!]

But I took a really cute picture of my girl yesterday when we had a SNOW DAY [and then a warm-up], and... I thought I'd share it.  This girl is in love with the movie "Frozen," and decided to create her own "Olaf" after a heroic shoveling battle against the approximately 8" of snow in our driveway.  Man we were whipped after all that shoveling!  There was a little patch left, and she said she'd finish it -- so I went inside.  Not to warm up, mind you.  It was 40 degrees!!!  We were taking scarves and jackets OFF while we were shoveling!  (That's why my girl is only in her sweatshirt in the photo!)

I waited for her to finish shoveling and come in, but it was taking her forEVer, so I went out to check on her. This is what I found.  Cute, huh?  I love how she's casually sitting on her carved out "snow couch."  I may have done a little snowman editing to complete the job. (*wink)


Today?  It was 40+, and outdoors it sounded like someone had left the water running!!!  Flood warnings just flashed across the television screen, with reports of even warmer weather tomorrow along with THUNDERSTORMS and some really nasty weather.  Never a dull moment!

Guess Olaf won't be with us very long.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE! I wish we had just a little bit of snow where I live. We are huge Frozen fans. I've already pre-ordered the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, what a cute shot! Now that gal has a good sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Good to see that not everyone is using RSS feeds to build their blogs
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...