Monday, August 6, 2012

Just a Note in the Margin

Just yesterday, I found an old church bulletin in the back of my Bible.  The pastoral quote below was noted in the margin.  Obviously, I thought it was significant at the time, and worth remembering -- so I wrote it down.  Today, I wanted to share it with you -- because I still think it's significant.  And worth remembering.


"The symbol of Christianity is a cross -- not a ladder.
We cannot "climb" the cross to get closer to God.
We cannot do anything in our own power to get closer.
God's grace alone allows us that."

The Cross

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith
-- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
-- not by works, so that no one can boast."


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...