Thursday, February 2, 2012

Project Pinterest: Epsom Salted Candle

Melissa at The Inspired Room, talked about these Epsom Salt Candles, and I pinned the idea.  Turns out Melissa got the idea from her friend Emily at Remodeling This Life -- so let's give due credit to Emily.

For $1.99, I got a one pound box of Epsom Salts (the smallest box I could find which was way more than I needed).  I already had some modge podge, and a candle just begging for a little dressing-up.

This was what I ended up with.


If you go to Emily's blog, you'll notice that her candle is more... shimmery.  (Does that make it shimmery-ER?)  For some reason my candle is not.  Yes, I know the pictures were taken in the dark... that's because I wanted to show you the cool texture -- because mine was not... SHIMMERY.  Disappointed?  Yes, a little.

In the daylight, it looks like this:

oops, forgot to crop out that bad petal...

Pretty and textured?  Yes.  Shimmery?  No.  But, I'm still happy.  I just ended up with a snowy candle, that's all -- and another easy project!



Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!

5 comments:

  1. Very NICE, Sally!!
    I haven't yet discovered Pinterest or gotten the crafting bug. But I'm enjoying all that you share here!!
    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your "snowy" look is pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it wasn't exactly how you wanted it to turn out, it's still really pretty! Epsom salts are great for lots of other things too. I remember buying a bag several years ago for one reason or another and I still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm curious why yours weren't as glittery. They still do look lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's pretty. The snow look just makes it look more wintery. I think a few added to a Christmas display would be wonderful. Thanks for the creative idea of how to use Epsom salts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...