Thursday, November 29, 2012

Never Let It Be Said...

...that I made my daughter put up the Christmas tree on her sick day.  I mean what mother would do that?


However, she was feeling better in the early afternoon yesterday, and was bored.  You know, she OFFERED.  I mean -- I wouldn't want her to be bored.  Besides, I may have mentioned before that putting up the Christmas tree isn't really my thing, and my girl gets SO EXCITED to do it!  Why rob a girl of her joy?

I'm just sayin'!

So, earlier than ever, the Christmas tree is up.  We usually tackle the job about the first weekend in December -- but this year, we're having December's Second Sunday lunch at our house, so I'm getting decorated a little early.

The "First Gift of Christmas" tree is in place, and so is the Hot Beverage Station.  There have been a few additions, and a few subtractions in holiday decor.  Some things are exactly the same because... really?  I can't imagine doing them differently.


I'd show you the tree, but... after an episode with bulbs that wouldn't light, and a trip to the hardware store for my hubby and daughter... well, let's just say the lights need a little reconfiguring before the decorations go on.  Stay tuned.  (And no.  I am so-not stressing out about it.  Just not.)

How about you?  Is everything decorated at your house?  Tree up?  Wreath on the door?  No?  That's okay.  It's way more fun to do it in YOUR time than someone else's.  So, whenever you decorate...

enjoy the process and remember the REASON for the season.

3 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the Second Sunday lunch..:) I am so glad that your daughter is feeling better and was able to participate in the decor.... I still have a mess around here... putting in ventless gas logs at the fireplace on hubby's day off... Excited to get them in.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed that your tree is up, even if it isn't finished yet! We have our front entrance outside "sort of" finished. And I promised my husband that we would be at least partially decorated indoors by the time we have guests for dinner tomorrow night. No, I haven't even started yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have things under control. I still have my front porch to decorate. I have having trouble with inspiration...I am hoping something comes to me today! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...