Thursday, November 15, 2012

Motherhood: Expect the Unexpected

This has not been the week that I expected it would be.  My daughter is on her third sick-day with flu-like symptoms, and rather than scurrying around and running the usual errands, I've just been...  here.  Sitting with her.  Standing by.  Encouraging.

I shrug off her many thank-yous and "mother-of-the-year" nominations, and think how grateful I am that I am able to be here for her.

I prayed for a job this fall, and nothing really panned out.  I thought maybe God was saying "no," but now I realize he might have been saying "wait" -- as we've had a large assortment of sick days and doctor's visits between the two kids and I.  I will gladly wait for a job if it means my girl doesn't have to stay home sick in an empty house all day.

Motherhood is my greatest calling.  I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy it as a stay-at-home-mom.


Today, I am thankful for...
1. the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom
2. a sense of humor and LAUGHTER
3. hugs, and words of appreciation
4. things that bring comfort -- a cozy blanket, a cup of peppermint tea, fuzzy socks

Thought: I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K.Chesterton

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope that your daughter wakes feeling 100% better today. It is amazing what a bit of attention does for the spirit. It's bad enough to be ill, but without one's mother? Horrid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...