Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Adventuring

Saturday, my hubby and I headed off on an adventure.  To the local GIANT hardware store, where it's always fun to browse.

Then to the grocery outlet where I found jars of Valencia Orange Peel (dehydrated for baking) for $1.99 (instead of the grocery store's $7.99).  I use it HERE and HERE.  I also found a large jar of ground sage for $.35, and some other grocery deals.  I've got to remember to visit this place more often!

Next, was Chipotle' for lunch --where I totally ignored my friend Shannan - the Flower Patch Farmgirl's suggestion to order a veggie bowl and get FREE guacamole!  I ate meat, and paid for my guac.

Speaking of Chipotle', did you know that they now offer brown rice?  Yep.  When the employee asked the customer in front of us if he wanted white or brown rice, the customer asked what the difference was.  The employee said that the brown rice is more whole grain, and therefore healthier.  "Gimme the white," the customer said.

I chuckled... and had the brown rice.  Yum!

When we got home, our daughter had this melting in the Wax Warmer:


This is the first time we've tried this fragrance, and it's so nice!  I also bought Mandarin Orange Zest and Wild Island Fruit recently.  We've been enjoying all the warm and cozy "foody" scents, but were ready for something fresh and different.

In other news... I bought a silverware tray at the dollar store the other night.  When our daughter tidied up the bathroom this weekend, she also organized one of the bathroom drawers.  Previously, the drawer was filled with lots of pony-tail holders, and wasted space. Here's what she did:


Another great Pinterest idea.  I'm lovin' it!

Do you have any weekend tales to tell?

p.s.  About the 52 weeks prompt this week:  My first step in organizing my recipes and cookbooks is to try to get rid of some unused cookbooks on a local swap-site.  I took pictures, and posted them.  Now to wait for the hoped response!  What are you doing to organize this area of your home?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...