Sunday, January 1, 2012

Trusting Jesus, That Is All

And my word for 2012 is... (drum roll, please)

T R U S T
<Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.>

To me, this means putting my faith into action.  Why (oh, why) is this so much easier to do for other people than for oneself?  (Or am I the only person who has issues with this?)  Why can I tell someone I will pray for them, and SO TRUST that God will work in that situation, but not trust so much when it comes to things in my own life?

In reality, it's not that I don't trust God.  I have trusted him for my salvation, and I trust that he walks beside me each and every day.  It's more a matter of me taking things into my own hands.  I want to do less of that in 2012.  Less leading, and more leaning.  

The words of this hymn came to mind:

Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Brightly does His Spirit shine
Into this poor heart of mine;
While He leads I cannot fall;
 Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Singing if my way is clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger for Him call;
 Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth be past;
Till within the jasper wall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Refrain:
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
 Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Also, I love Proverbs 3:5-6 which says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

II Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) "For we walk by faith, not by sight:"

So... walk.  Regardless if I can see what's up ahead?  As in: TRUST that my Creator might know what's best for me, and what route to take to get me there?  It's easy to say I should live this way, but harder to actually be disciplined enough to put it into practice every day. That's my goal for 2012.

TRUST.

It's a good thing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Layla at The Lettered Cottage is throwing a
“This Little Word Of Mine (I’m gonna let it shine!)”
link party on Monday, January 16th.  Write a blog post about your word,
and come join the fun! 



10 comments:

  1. Great word, Sally. I'm sure God will give you plenty of opportunities to trust him! (It's certainly a lifelong journey for all of us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always, always easier said than done, isn't it Sal?
    Wishing you a wonderful, happy, healthy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it so easy to trust Him with the big things yet have a really hard time with the little things? Great word and goal for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post with such great advice. Trust is such a good word and when we Trust in the Lord we can't go wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring word!

    I'd love for you to stop by and see mine.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. may the Good Lord shower you with graces to grow in trust this year.

    pax Christi,
    lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful choice of words! Blessings on your efforts to trust at all times in all circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this linky party! I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a word for the year. Mine is "see". Thanks for linking up to "Cowgirl Up!".
    :) Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...