Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Muffins are the latest thing around here, especially since our son started public school.  We have transitioned away from the waffles, and I now make most of our favorite quick-bread recipes in the form of muffins.  I stash them in the freezer, and pull a couple out for him each morning.  He usually grabs them on his way out the door.  Yep.  That's how he rolls in the morning.

Suffice it to say that I've been going through cupcake liners left and right.  AND, the price of them has gone up for even fewer liners!  So, my latest find was plain white liners at Target. They were a better deal, but not as convenient to purchase since Target is not as close-by as my local grocery store.

I know what you're saying.  Just bake the muffins in the pan.  Yeah, well, you don't have to grease the pan (extra calories) if you use liners.

Enter, the silicone mold.  Genius.  And my new best friend.


My sister had some of these molds, and I thought they were such a good idea.  I put them on my wish list for Christmas, and my dear daughter searched high and low.  Apparently, they aren't necessarily easy to find.  My hubby finally found them for her at World Market.  I've looked on their site, and didn't see them.  The labels on my packages (which I ultimately received from my daughter for Christmas) just said World Market... no other branding.

And. I. Love. Them.  If you let the muffins cool, you can peel & pop them right out of the molds.  The molds come in regular and mini-muffin size.  After use, I turn them inside-out, soak them in soapy water, and then scrub with my dish-brush.  Easy peasy.


And now, you still may not know the Muffin Man -- but you DO know his secret!


Happy Weekending!


3 comments:

  1. You can also pick them up at KOHLS. I hate thier politics, but they do carry them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors of the molds you have! They are so bring and cheery! I think my mood would improve while baking, just because the molds are so pretty!

    http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby eats muffins nearly every weekday morning and I heard about these and wanted to try them. I was so tired of investing in the paper variety.
    We searched and searched the local stores and finally found them at a kitchen outlet store. We have the 'mega-muffin' size. And we LOVE them.
    My sister thought maybe they'd give the muffins a rubbery taste - but not so. The muffins come out nicely, the cups clean up nicely. Everything about these (to me) is a GREAT invention. I'm so glad you like them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...