I've been eyeing all of your decorative owls, and just biding my time.
I knew I wanted one of these guys, and I've looked high and low for just the right one. I wanted one that didn't tie me to any particular season. And just so you know, I've already spotted glittered owls for Christmas. Hoo knew?
But back to my owl... I wanted him (because you do know they're all BOYS, right?) to be plain, and without adornment or even... color.
So, imagine my delight when, on someone's blog, I spotted a beautiful white ceramic owl! The blogger (and oh, how I wish I could remember who you were!) said they found their owl at Michael's. Aah, Michael's. The one place I hadn't yet looked. Michael's. Where all things fall are already discounted to make room for that glittered Christmas owl. Ya gotta love Michael's!
Also, I don't feel so bad about falling prey to a "craze" -- when I haven't also fallen prey to... FULL PRICE! I was ready with coupon in hand in case there was any question, but alas, the price had swooped down -- oh, um... I mean DROPPED to clearance, Clarence!
Okay, enough of this crazy bird talk.
What are you grateful for today?
* grateful for a morning of snuggling babies at church
* grateful for a new day with no commitments
* grateful for time to catch up on things at home
* grateful for good sales timed perfectly
* grateful for good organizational tips that work well
* grateful for peppermint tea and other seasonal things that we start to enjoy all over again as the weather changes
Feel free to chime in with a comment! What are you grateful for today?