Monday, May 2, 2011

Thoughts for Today

Something to think about...  

As appreciative as I am to our Presidents (past and current),
and to the military personnel who saw this operation through,
it still leaves a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach
to think that we are exuberant over a person's death.

Late last evening, I was on facebook
reading reactions of young and old to the evening's news.
More than ANYthing, I was struck by this fact:
Our kids are watching to see how we will respond!!
 
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice."
Proverbs 24:17 (NIV)

"Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD.
Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?"
Ezekiel 18:23 (NIV)


2 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time with this as well. How can we rejoice that he was killed at our hands and not be just like him, as he laughed at us when he killed Americans? How are our actions Christ-like? I don't think they are. This death will not bring back any of those we have lost. It is revenge, not justice.
    Also, since when does America forego that little thing called due process, wherein we bring the accused to be tried before a jury of his peers? And only when he is found guilty do we exact punishment?
    I'm very sad about all that is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been very disturbed by how America is rejoicing. My very first reaction when I heard was joy but then sadness very quickly followed. Based on what I believe, that man is not with God and that is not something to be rejoicing over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...