Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hunting and Gathering

Lately, my crafting tendency (if you can even call it that) has been to gather up bits and pieces of things I love, and bring them home to see what I can create out of them -- which may sound like any other crafter, except... often, I don't have a very definite picture in my mind of the end result.

Case in point:  Just the other day between Walmart, and JoAnn's, I came home with the four items you see below -- all little bargains in their own right.  I knew if I didn't use them together, that I would use them all somehow individually -- so it wasn't a huge risk.


I don't know about you, but I am crazy about these chicken-wire baskets, and love them in every shape and size.  The black and white checked fabric is a quilt square, and I added a pouf-factor to it by wrapping it around a plastic grocery bag.


I then added the nest of bittersweet berries...


... and nestled the sweet green pumpkin on top.  TaaDaa!  Easy Peasy.  And it was done "on the cheap" too.


And the part I like about it most?  Every part of it can be used in a different way another time!  If you think this particular project doesn't even qualify as crafting, well, that's okay.  We'll just call it "hunting and gathering!"  *wink


Have you done any hunting and gathering of craft supplies lately?

Linking up with Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday



'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for cooler days
* grateful that I have always been (and so far continue to be) a stay-at-home mom.  I know I am old-fashioned, but there is nothing that brings me more joy in a day than taking care of my family's needs, keeping their clothes clean and their stomachs full, and all of the other things that keep this household and this family moving through life smoothly.  It is a tremendous privilege.


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


3 comments:

  1. Cute idea, and very frugal.
    blessings, jill
    hopped over from brenda's

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly blessed to be able to stay home and I wish that more women would be able to if that is what they'd most enjoy. I think the entire society would benefit right across the board. Oh that is a wonderfully creative idea. I like it a lot. I was at Joann's today and saw no cute egg baskets. Wah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and cute! I haven't had too much time for creativity this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...