Friday, October 11, 2013

HOO Was I Kidding?

It was only a matter of time until I fell prey to the owl craze.

I've been eyeing all of your decorative owls, and just biding my time.

I knew I wanted one of these guys, and I've looked high and low for just the right one.  I wanted one that didn't tie me to any particular season.  And just so you know, I've already spotted glittered owls for Christmas.  Hoo knew?

But back to my owl... I wanted him (because you do know they're all BOYS, right?) to be plain, and without adornment or even... color.


So, imagine my delight when, on someone's blog, I spotted a beautiful white ceramic owl!  The blogger (and oh, how I wish I could remember who you were!) said they found their owl at Michael's.  Aah, Michael's.  The one place I hadn't yet looked.  Michael's.  Where all things fall are already discounted to make room for that glittered Christmas owl.  Ya gotta love Michael's!

Also, I don't feel so bad about falling prey to a "craze" -- when I haven't also fallen prey to... FULL PRICE!  I was ready with coupon in hand in case there was any question, but alas, the price had swooped down -- oh, um... I mean DROPPED to clearance, Clarence!

Okay, enough of this crazy bird talk.
What are you grateful for today?


'13 Gratefulness
* grateful for a morning of snuggling babies at church
* grateful for a new day with no commitments
* grateful for time to catch up on things at home
* grateful for good sales timed perfectly
* grateful for good organizational tips that work well
* grateful for peppermint tea and other seasonal things that we start to enjoy all over again as the weather changes


Feel free to chime in with a comment!  What are you grateful for today?


4 comments:

  1. CUTE! He looks very much like my lamp. They must be cousins. Hooray for clearance and coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing owls everywhere I go, your owl is beautiful! Enjoyed your grateful list, I am a peppermint tea drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I've always liked them I made one in Ceramics many many moons ago. And so funny about them being "male", I ordered one from a blogging bud and as soon as I saw it, I named him Oscar! I also wanted an "O' name. lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got your owl, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...