Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 in the Rear-View Mirror

I have often scratched my head at these year-end posts, wondering why we choose to revisit blog posts all over again.  With all the tools we have [like Pinterest] to save the information that is important to us, it just seems unneccessary.  However, I read a blog post the other day where the blogger stated that this type of post was mainly for HER purposes -- and that made sense to me.

It IS interesting to keep track [for future blogging purposes] of what was popular -- but it's also interesting to see HOW people came to my blog, and I'd like to thank those bloggers first.

Myquillyn @ Nesting Place
Trish & Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs Online

My sincere thanks to these lovely ladies.  I appreciate your linky parties - or your outright links to my blog, that you include my blog on your "favorites" or "friends" page -- or in your sidebar, the conversations that we share via blog comments and emails, and the wonderful readers that you send my way.

Friends, please click on the blog-names above to check out their awesome blogs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, my TOP TEN POSTS for 2014.  This will be brief, and I'll tell you why...  Positions #10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and #4 are held by posts in the "MY KITCHEN" category.  Heather @BeautyThatMoves held the wonderful "This Week In My Kitchen" blog hops, and they were so much fun!  It was really interesting for me to see other family's kitchens.  It's amazing to realize the things we take for granted that everyone DOES, or everyone EATS!  I've also been intrigued by the different tools and techniques that people use in their kitchens!  If you read my posts there is a link to Heather's blog hops, and you'll be able to see some fun kitchens there.

#5:  The Quiet is Overrated is a fun little post about my daughter, a broken refrigerator, and noise.  I just re-read it, and find it still accurate - LOL.



#3:  Glimpses of Christmas is a look at some of this year's Christmas vignettes around our home.



#2: Ornament w/ Vintage Hymnal Pages - After three years, this crafty Christmas ornament post is still really popular!



AND #1:  Killer Hashbrown Casserole - If you spend any time here at my blog, you know that this recipe has stayed in my side bar as one of my ten most popular posts ever since I posted it after Easter 2013.  It continues to be a family favorite around here, too.



See?  That was relatively painless.  Here's to "good follow-up" on lessons learned here today. *wink

Blogging friends: Have you had a post that has surprised you with it's popularity?  Will you tell me about it??


4 comments:

  1. Interestingly, one of my top posts (it's #4 now, but was #3 until my Christmas tour this year) has been the one about our Thanksgiving traditions that I linked to your party. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon! Following the yellow brick road from Exquisitely Unremarkable! I love the title of this blog! Now I'm going to be singing that song... could do a whole lot worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping by via "The Yellow Brick Road" from Kim's blog! =) Sorry if I got a song stuck in your head from my blog title. I must say I have never heard the song - though I have heard much mention of it. I only know the poem -- my inspiration! Happy New Year!

      Delete

  3. En arribar a aquest dia, no puc deixar de pensar en la infantesa, aquells moments plens de màgia, que tots hem viscut en la nostra infància

    Feliç Nit de Reis ♕ ♕ ♕

    ✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
    . . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
    ……...…♥ •.¸.•´♥……………
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com (^‿^)✿ petons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...