Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When Things Don't Go As You Planned

...share what you learned.  Right?

Ever had what you thought was a cute idea kind of blow up in your face (figuratively speaking)?  You may remember THIS POST where I shared all the pretty pictures of my pumpkin filler surrounding a candle. OY.  Note to self: don't use a cheap candle when you do this!  The candle totally caved, and didn't melt down nicely like I thought it would.  I ended up with a mess, which is no big deal -- I actually share this with you more from the safety aspect.  The photo below makes it look all glowy and pretty, but look closely, and you'll see that the wax has melted down in between the pumpkins.  A mess.


Most of the pumpkins stayed pressed against the glass, but as the candle melted down, the hot wax "grabbed" some of the pumpkins, and rolled them into the melted wax at the center.  One of the little pumpkins rolled too close to the flame, and got charred.  Glad I was sitting right here.  Again, no big deal, but had I not been paying attention... who knows?  At the very least it could have been smelly!  (How crazy is it that just the other day, my mom said, "So what happens when the pumpkins get too hot?"  Now we know, Mom!)


So, no more monkeys jumpin' on the bed... uhhh, I mean no more pumpkins toastin' by the flame!
HA! (Sorry, I don't know where that "monkey" memory came from!)

I have to admit, my daughter and I were a little intrigued while this melt-down was going on.  Thus, the pictures. Hey, it was a slow day.  Don't judge.

Bottom line: If I want this same look. I would have to layer the pumpkins in between two hurricane globes, the candle being in the center one.  A much safer (and less messy) option for sure!

This has been a Public Service Announcement -- you know, in case you were thinking of trying something like this at home.






It's not too late to participate in Socks for Sandy.
Read my post from yesterday HERE to find out more.


Today I am thankful for:
1. socks on their way to hurricane victims
2. the freedom we have as Americans to express our opinions through voting

Thought: Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.  ~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...