Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving 11.19

Everything is not always what it seems.  My girl missed four days of school last week because of extreme nausea. We assumed she had the flu.  (There were stories flying around school about who had what ailment, and what teachers went home sick...)  However, my girl had no fever, there was no vomiting, and she had a great appetite. HUH?  We were so exasperated.  Nothing was making sense.  Until...

My sweet hubby called our brother-in-law, who is a massage therapist.  It sounded to him as if she had a pinched nerve in her lower back, resulting in back pain -- and yes, nausea.  I took my daughter to get a massage tonight, and she left a new girl -- well, almost.  She definitely left a "changed" girl.  What a relief to this mama!



Today, I am thankful for...
1. a sweet brother-in-law who helped my daughter solve her back pain problem: two pinched nerves!
2. finding a new backpack style that will be more effective for my daughter with her back issues, and is "school-approved"
3. a sweet niece to play Sponge-Bob Bingo and Halli Galli with tonight

Thought: The Lord is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.  ~Psalm 28:7

3 comments:

  1. Happy day to you! I love your photography so much!

    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    Yes, we have much to be thankful for. I'm so glad your daughter is feeling better. I am just stopping by to let you know that I am featuring your wonderful hymnal Christmas ornaments at my HOME party tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how strange...so glad that your daughter has had some relief with the massage. Here's to continued healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...